Keep purchasing French bread from the bakery nearby? Well, guess what? With this super easy to make French bread recipe, you can have fresh and hot food at home. It cooks within no time, so you can have it for snacks or even make a quick meal for your kids.
- Sugar- 3 tablespoons
- Yeast- 2 tablespoons
- Warm water- 1/2 cup
- Salt- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons
- Oil- 1/3 cup
- Hot water- 2 cups
- Flour- 6 and 1/2 cups flour
- Egg (for brushing on the bread)
Also Read: How to make French bread pizza?
Quick French bread recipe:
- To begin with, take fresh yeast. Add some warm water and a pinch of sugar to the yeast. Sugar will make your yeast even better. Now let this mix sit for 10 minutes.
- Take hot water, salt, oil, hot water, sugar, 3 cups of flour and mix in a bowl. Add the yeast mixture to the bowl.
- Taking one cup at a time, add the remaining 3 and 1/2 cups of flour. Keep mixing as you add. To know if the dough is ready, pull away from the bowl and see. Let it sit for 10 minutes once you add all of the flour.
- After that take the dough and separate it into three pieces. Roll each piece into a rectangle of 9*2 size on a floured surface like a jelly roll. Now smooth out the edges of the loaf once you shape the dough into French bread.
- Place the dough with side facing down on a greased baking pan. Make 3-4 diagonal cuts on the bread about 1/4 inch thick using a knife.
- Now brush on the dough with your beaten egg.
- In a warm place, let the dough rise for about 30-40 minutes.
- Until the bread turns golden brown bake it at 375 for 18-22 minutes
Your delicious food is now ready within 1 hour including the prep time and the cook time. You and your kids will forget the french bread that you buy at the bakery when you eat this. Let us know how it turned out!